Old 09-10-2011, 11:48 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I missed the Toga today. :cry: A childhood friend died and I went to his services today. I did not get home until 3 and there was a grassfire somewhere so my Asthma was acting up and I have to stay in the house until the air clears. Kathie
Kathie we missed you! I finally got to meet Monica (Vintagemotiff), Janice (Jljack), and Sheryl (QuiltnCowGirl)!
Our friend, Loretta, came with me and she ended up buying the most pristine Spartan, that was modified to a handcrank, I have ever seen! Not a scratch on that machine. She also got a buttonholer, ruffler, and some bobbins! I would have bought that Spartan if Loretta hadn't! Monica demonstrated her machine dust covers and did a fantastic job! There were tons of machines to oogle over, lots of food, demo's on attachments, lot's of conversions from motors to handcranks going on - a good time. I was drooling over a W&W #9 hand crank and a Jones hand crank!

Nancy
Kathie, Sorry to hear this. I missed you today! There will be another TOGA sometime at the end of January or beginning February.

Nancy, Janice, Sheryl, and Anamarie (grayhare), it was wonderful meeting all of you today! It was a blast watching Sheryl use her first people machine, a handcrank. Janice and Sheryl made beautiful machine covers.

Nancy, I didn't realize that Loretta went shopping while there.
That Spartan is gorgeous! Is that her first vintage machine?

The demo on the machine attachments was helpful, and now I want to play with mine. I'm planning on making a toddler dress with ruffles.

I purchased some machine parts for my Singer 9W today. I'm looking forward to cleaning that machine and finally treadling with it.

I wish we all lived closer and could meet up more often. It was a fun day!