Old 09-11-2011, 05:29 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy, Janice, Sheryl, and Anamarie (grayhare), it was wonderful meeting all of you today! It was a blast watching Sheryl use her first people machine, a handcrank. Janice and Sheryl made beautiful machine covers.

Nancy, I didn't realize that Loretta went shopping while there.
That Spartan is gorgeous! Is that her first vintage machine?

The demo on the machine attachments was helpful, and now I want to play with mine. I'm planning on making a toddler dress with ruffles.

I purchased some machine parts for my Singer 9W today. I'm looking forward to cleaning that machine and finally treadling with it.

I wish we all lived closer and could meet up more often. It was a fun day!
Yes, Loretta went shopping. Did you see the Spartan she got? It was absolutely pristine! Cathy had converted it to a hand crank with the cutest hand wheel and crank! I have a 99 HC and a 28 HC, but neither one has a reverse! Because of the reverse and the looks of the Spartan with that wheel and crank -- I was drooling over it, but, I am glad Loretta got it. She has been looking for a HC. No this is not her first vintage. She does a lot of classes with me and always uses her FW in class. She also has my Singer 27 pictured on page 357 here! Remember what a mess that machine was when I started cleaning it up? Loretta loves that old girl!

Loretta also has a Rocketeer. I do all my decorative stitches in our Patchabilities classes with my Rocketeer - so of course Loretta was convinced she had to have one too for the same reason! Funny, because we both have very modern, very new machines we could use, but we both use the Rocketeers!

I didn't realize Grayhare was there too! Hello Annamarie!

It would be fun to get together more often!

Nancy