View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 07:13 AM
spartan quilter

I was able to visit some thrift stores on Saturday, that I don't usually get to, and I found a BAG of material, and could feel a book in the bag, so I asked one of the cashiers if I could open the bag, to see just what I would be buying. She graciously opened the bag, and we found 7 completed 16 1/2 inch blocks, and the "Sampler" book by Eleanor Burns. There are also 7 more blocks cut and ready to assemble. And all the leftover material to cut more blocks. I am so excited, because so many of the blocks, I have been wanting to try, but didn't have the patterns. I got this bag for the big total of $8. This project will go onto my UFO shelf, because we are in the process of moving my sewing room, due to a tree falling on the roof of the current sewing room. So, my plan is to finish up the blocks, and put the finished top on the queen bed that will also be in the sewing room, which will be used as a guest room, when needed. The room is 12x20, so there is lots of room left for my sewing stuff. Also, I have a few other projects that have priority before Christmas.

These are the blocks that are sewn and the pieces of the ones cut and ready to sew.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]254779[/ATTACH]

Just a close up of the book.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]254780[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-254773.jpe   attachment-254774.jpe