Old 09-11-2011, 01:00 PM
BonniFeltz

Thanks Rhonda. So.....if anybody wants this for the September swap, let Rhonda know you want me for a partner. LOL.

This fabric was on sale so I went back today and got three yards of it. I have plenty to do more plates. This was done with the bottom of the plate barely on the narrow strip of flowers which made the top barely in the plate. The next one I think I will reposition so that the wide strip of flowers is mostly in in the template. I'll have to see how ti turns out.

I was even considering using a button for the middle. I bought some different fabrics to try these out with so I'll see how they work out. I don't find dresdens a problem to do but to take into consideration the placement on the fabric will take a bit to get in mind.

The curved top is basted down right now waiting for me to applique it on the background. I will do it by hand. I have a stitch on my sewing machine that is similar (if not it) to Herringbone so could try that out sometime. I like to do hand applique so I don't mind at all sewing them on by hand.