View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Deb watkins

Dresden Plate winter swap - snowflakes and Pointsettias with leaves.
We will be using the block pattern Dresden Plate from Quilterscache.com. Here is the link.

http://quilterscache.com/D/DresdenPlateBlock.html
PLEASE NOTE: use the thread below (Flowers that bloom in the Spring Tra la) for the tutorial on making the blocks. The Quilters cache link shows ROUNDED edges, we are doing POINTED edges. PM me if you have any questions.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-116299-1.htm
Please make sure you use 100% cotton fabric that has been washed and dried. Please choose if you are making the Snowflake block - blues, silvers and white, OR Pointsettias - light colored background with reds, pinks, or pointsettia fabric with leaves. Make 12 blocks alike, you will receive one of yours back and 11 different blocks.

Please mark EACH ONE of your blocks with a little slip of paper pinned to each block, or a sticky label can be used, please put the label on the back as sometimes some of the 'sticky' adhears to the block itself. Or you may write in somewhere that it will not bleed through with a permanent thin pigma pen. Please include your real name AND Board name.

Send them to me along with an ADDRESS label and a Stamp ($4.95) for returning blocks. I have ordered padded FRE for your return swapped blocks. Sign-up will close on October 31. PM me if you wish to join.

Blocks due to me by Nov. 30. Because of problems with the deadlines in other swaps, if there is going to be a problem with having them here by Nov 30 please pm me. You also have the option of dropping out of the swap. Any blocks received after Nov 30 will not be accepted and will be returned to you. It is not fair for those who do honor the deadline to be waiting and waiting and waiting.
In accordance with general swap rules, failure to send promised BLOCKS will be reported in both the public column of the group activity matrix and as negative feedback against the profile of anyone who does not fulfill their commitment to the swap.

If you want to make multiple sets, just make sure you have 12 blocks of each SET design. You will receive back as many sets as you send. The flat rate bubble envelope will hold two sets. Any more than that, you will need another flat rate return address label and stamp.

I have received three sets already from the participants. This should give you a nice idea of how to do your blocks.

first block from Islandwiz
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255013[/ATTACH]

second set from Islandwiz
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255014[/ATTACH]

set from Pattis47
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255015[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-255007.jpe   attachment-255008.jpe   attachment-255009.jpe