View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by butterflywing
i like feathers a lot. and i agree that i would like to see more open areas of piecework and not see the quilting overwhelm the piecing. but here's another thing: i would like to see another kind of design. it seems that i see the same designs all the time. bubbles, bananas, vines, cables, meanders, feathers, curls, etc.

when i check out the leah day website, i see hundreds of other interesting patterns for quilting, but i hardly ever see them being used on an actual quilt. feathers will always be the favorite if feathers is all anyone sees.

I cannot even imagine the time that would be involved in using Leah Day's patterns on a bedsize quilt. And it would be very densely quilted.
i didn't mean as an all-over design. i meant as a filler and in only some places. and looser than her tiny work. almost everything she shows can be enlarged and used as fillers.

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...c-circles.html

this isn't the best example, but it gives a general idea of the possibilities. it's neither a bubble, nor a feather, nor a curl, but it's a nice filler and interesting in it's uniqueness.
If you paying a LAQ, this will be custom quilting and will be much more expensive. Thre are a lot of things to consider, it is not always just a simple decision.