Old 09-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Jennifer22206

What I've found:
~ in order to get 36 Fat 8ths from the same focus fabric, I would recommend buying AT LEAST 6 yards.
~ some people get really pushy with what they want to "see" as their vision for the fabric. And that vision may or may not be what we as the makers of blocks see in our minds. I hope that everything I've made has made the recipients happy.
~ it's important to realize as per the rules of the swap, that it is MAKERS CHOICE as to what block to make. The sender can request certain colors, but NOT BLOCKS.

Personally:
~ I would like people to do whatever they want with my fabric, to use as much or as little as they want.
~ I just want people to have fun, that's what this swap is about.

IMHO some fabric calls for a LOT to be used, and other fabric (to me anyway) doesn't call for that much to be used.

~ I've learned to try new blocks, to make blocks that I typically wouldn't for a quilt for me.
~ I've learned to just relax and have fun.
~ I've learned that I'll get back blocks that I never would have made for myself.
~ I've learned that EVERYONE is at different skill levels, and EVERYONE really tries their best.
~I've made some amazing friends with the boomerang swap and I hope everyone has a great time.