Thread: Four Patch
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Sondra

Well, I got the scoop on the 4 patch and why using a block instead of strips. There is no reason. You would use the block if you wanted to make more elaborate blocks. By using strips you would be limited. So, yes, you are correct, broken dishes would be a good example of why you would use a 4 patch block. She just had me do it this way because of no reason other than that is how she does it. Actually, I would have probably saved fabric by using strips instead of blocks, especially since I have no intention of doing anything elaborate, just a 4 patch with 2 contrasting colors. So there you have it--no reason just that she told me to do it that way--looks like a not so good way for doing this simple block. Maybe, however, by getting good at doing blocks this way I will be able to make more elaborate ones----huh? I have enough trouble just cutting my material into perfect blocks--each one always seems to be a little off--just like me. Once again thanks for all the good advice. I am sure I will use it. You are all great. I am glad I got you all to thinking, especially for me. :D