Old 09-11-2011, 09:13 PM
incoming2me

Today was a good day :)
After sewing on my DMIL's Viking 1+ while visiting in Indiana last month, I've been searching on ebay for a 1+ for myself. Unfortunately, the ones I've seen on there have all sold for a pretty penny. Needless to say, quite a bit more than I have saved up thus far to buy one!

Posted late last night on the Houston CL... I found a Husqvarna Viking Rose. A family is clearing their mother's estate which consists of her entire quilting stash and accoutrements.

Also included was:
The embroidery unit (in original box)
Small hoop
2 embroidery cards
5 bobbins
7 feet
Walking foot
Buttonhole foot with electronic doo-hickey
A couple of other bits that I've yet to identify
Foot controller
Hard case/cover

$400 :thumbup:
Other than the missing user's manual...
The only "bad" thing that I've seen is that the previous owner was a smoker. There was a bit of yellowed nicotine on the machine but nothing too bad as I believe it was covered quite a bit. The machine cleaned up beautifully.
The case however is pretty discolored. The "smoker" odor will have to wear off I suppose. :(

Now... the question:
Does anyone know if there a way to check to see how many hours this machine has been used?

I know the newer machines have timers that will display the "lifetime" usage of the machine... I was just wondering if this one does as well.

TIA! :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-255270.jpe