Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I missed the Toga today. :cry: A childhood friend died and I went to his services today. I did not get home until 3 and there was a grassfire somewhere so my Asthma was acting up and I have to stay in the house until the air clears. Kathie
Kathie we missed you! I finally got to meet Monica (Vintagemotiff), Janice (Jljack), and Sheryl (QuiltnCowGirl)!
Our friend, Loretta, came with me and she ended up buying the most pristine Spartan, that was modified to a handcrank, I have ever seen! Not a scratch on that machine. She also got a buttonholer, ruffler, and some bobbins! I would have bought that Spartan if Loretta hadn't! Monica demonstrated her machine dust covers and did a fantastic job! There were tons of machines to oogle over, lots of food, demo's on attachments, lot's of conversions from motors to handcranks going on - a good time. I was drooling over a W&W #9 hand crank and a Jones hand crank!

Nancy
Nancy, it was so fun meeting you and Monica and all the others there. Everyone was so helpful and generous with their time and expertise. My next "want" is a Davis VF after seeing and trying Monica's. It was so fun...I know I said that, but really, it was SO FUN!!! :-)