Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
sguillot

My LQS has started to neatest thing that I kinda see it as a quilters retreat. Every Tuesday and Thursday she opens her class room and allows you to come, bring your sewing machine and work on whatever you want to. She did it one Tuesday and had such great response that she now does it on Thursday to. I would love to do that but I work full time and can't but the amount of sewing and quality time with other quilters would be great. I hope to take a couple days off and go to work on Christmas presents. That shop is my happy place and I share my home with 3 puppies that fuss if I spend to much time in my sewing room so that's a great get-a-way to get a lot of sewing done plus you get to visit and exchance ideas with other people.
Originally Posted by quiltsillysandi
I leave in the morning for my very first quilting retreat in Dillard, Georgia....The retreat is being held at The Dillard House and is sponsored by Deb's Cats N' Quilts, Franklin, TN....We get to stay at the Dillard House Bed N Breakfast, eat the wonderful home cooking of the Dillard House, we'll sew in the convention center, plus, Deb's has some really fun stuff planned out....I am soooooo excited...We're leaving at 730 in the morning, and it's about a 7 hour drive from where I live (Gainesville, Fl area)....I think I've packed every quilting item I own in hopes I haven't forgotten anything, but I figure if I have, gives me an excuse to go shopping at Deb's..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Anyone else might be heading that way???

San