View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Mumzbear

I would love that. Where are you from? I live in a more rural little town in Utah. What are your quilting interests? How long have you been quilting. Let me tell you a bit about myself.... I quilted years ago but got busy with other things. About two years ago, my daughter started a business quilting duvets made from alpaca batting. My hubby and I went to Idaho to help her. We spent many hours trying to make her machine work. She had a Babylock quilting machine on a Gracie frame. It just wasn't heavy enough for the batting. She finally bought a big Gammel. She called one day and said she wanted to give the machine and frame to her dad and I. Of course, we were thrilled. We have made lots of quilts and love it. Crazy thing...I don't even know how to use it. I sew the tops and my hubby quilts them.
I am much older than the other ladies on the chat room. I refuse to get old so I just keep going. I am 71. Up until the past year, I was going great. Hubby and I backpacked Europe at 60. I have been plagued with lots of health issues but I refuse to let them get me down.
I have 5 kids...13 grandkids and another on the way any time. I have been married to the same sweet guy for 50 years.
I have made many wall hangings but decided to go for bigger things. I am working on a disappearing nine patch for my youngest son's wedding. I just finished two beautiful eagle scout quilts for my grandsons.
Please tell me more about yourself. I would love to exchange a "squishie" with you. It may take a little while as I have a crazy July. We are camp hosts in the mountains for a church youth group. We stay in a lodge there in the mountains. It is so peaceful. I always take my sewing machine and sew for a week...looking out the window at the animals and beautiful scenery as I sew.
I will look forward to hearing from you. Have a super day. I love this website. I get a little lonely as my kids live so far away. I have learned so much from these sweet quilters. Looking forward to hearing you.
Verna from Utah Mumzbear