Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 PM
quiltingdoe

Originally Posted by PuffinGin
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I've never heard of a potato chip bag. Are you thinking of a potato baking bag?
I think you may be right that I misread a post. Thought that was what I saw, especially since I know what potato baking bags are and think they look interesting/fun to have.. . However, when quick searches on several sites failed for potato chip bags bombed, I decided.my tired old eyes and brain played a trick on me. Skimming, another thing failing as I age. lol
The baked potato bags are very easy to make.
Your fabric, batting and thread must all be 100% cotton as the bag will catch fire if you use anything else.
Two piece of cotton fabric 11" x 22" each. One piece of "Warm Tater" batting 11" x 22". (Warm Tater batting is required as it is 100% cotton).
Put the fabric pieces right sides together. Place batting on top. Serge or overcast stitch the two short ends. Turn right side out. Serge or over cast the two long ends. Place on table with the side you want on the outside up, with short side at bottom. Fold top down about three inches, then fold bottom up over the top folded piece about one inch. Sew both sides with a 1/4' seam in straight stitch. Turn inside out and enjoy.
Try it. It's really easy.