View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 03:36 AM
Patti Mahoney

I came here to the QB thinking I was going to gain a wealth of knowledge about quilting and everything that goes along with it....Wow! Am I surprised...I've have read, alot, but I'm sure, not all, of the dirty little secrets that quilters have in order to finish a quilt and have it look fantastic. When I started quilting, which was just recently, I looked at the quilts on just about every website I could find and saw how beautiful the quilts were that other people made, I said to myseld, "Self, this is something I think you can do." Sooo, off to the fabric store I went. I signed up for a class, I bought fabric (the good stuff), I bought supplies (the name brand, good ones), I practice daily, for hours at a time. And NOW, well, heck, I'm learning that I really didn't need to go to all that expense. There are secrets out there for just about every little cotton pickin' problem a quilter can have. Holy Moly, where are the quilt police when you need them???? Now, I'm not complaining because secretly, between you and me, I've written down every one of those little dirty secrets I can find...just in case, one day, I might need to use a secret or two. Ladies and Gents, right about now, I'm ROLF. You people are a hoot. I love the QB! You ladies and gents out there, you keep up the good work because my notebook is always open. If you have any more of those dirty little secrets, like hiding an imperfection, or painting your over lapping stitches with fabric markers or changing a stitch pattern to cover up a stitch line gone wrong, you just keep them coming. If you want to add some of them right here after this post, please, feel free to do so. I love it here and I love quilting! ! !