Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Ali, I had originally thought that a thread cutter was unnecessary . . . UNTIL . . . I got my 6600P. Now I can't live without it! It really saves on thread as you only are left with 1/2" tails. No more groping for the scissors somewhere under your work! :-) The knee lifter - well after 5 years, I'm getting better at putting it to use! My first sewing machine after getting married was a Singer Golden Touch 'n Sew in a desk cabinet. It had a knee bar that pushed on the foot pedal wedged into a holder. Even now, some 40 years later, I keep wanting the knee lifter to make the machine run!!! It's wonderful for appliqueing as you can keep your hands on your work & use your knee to lift the presser foot when you need to pivot.
Did I write this?
I just got my Janome 6600P as well .. and I keep trying to make the machine go with the knee lifter too!!! Flashbacks to the old black Singer cabinet machine I learned on as a kid with the knee pedal instead of a foot pedal. When I got my first machine as an adult, I swore I'd never learn how to run it with a foot pedal .... and now, talk about confusion! :lol:

Proof positive ... Old habits die hard!!!!!!!
All in good time, I'll learn again. Right?