View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Roben

The design wall was finished and installed today - woohoo! I've waited for this one a long time (and picked the room in the house with the highest ceiling for my sewing room just for this :twisted: ) It is actually 2 panels; each is a full 4 foot by 8 foot and together they only leave room for the bookcase. I get to 'decorate' the upper space with panels or fabrics that I am still thinking over ideas for without them being in my way or being put on a shelf where I can't see them. They can easily come down when I'm working on a big quilt.

DH is a peach; he had an idea while we were at Joann's yesterday to use one of the upholstery fabric cardboard tubes to help roll out the fabric & batting. The girls there had one they were done with :D and it worked like a charm! I tried telling him that now I have to go shopping to get fabric deserving of such a fine wall (na, didn't work - but I tried :wink: )

Here's a pic of the wall, and of the keeper DH who made it happen :D

Yep, he's sitting on top of his 6' ladder. If I called this picture cute, would they take away his man card? LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38763[/ATTACH]

This wall is now a full 8' X 8' Design Wall!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38764[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38763.jpe   attachment-38764.jpe