Old 09-13-2011, 12:47 PM
pattis47

Congratulations on your winning in Wyoming. Sounds like you really enjoy what you do and it shows in your work.

I was raised to do preserves, jellies, jams, fruit, veggies from our summer garden to have during the cold winter. Nothing tastes better! I have a son who learned to cook and is very good at it......good thing too, his wife never learned at home, so when they were 1st married, they would have starved to death (or eaten out) if he had not been able to cook. She has made great strides in the last 18 years. Now my grandchildren are learning to cook and bake. Grandson made scratch brownies from my sons recipe and took them to band camp.....wowed the girls.....he was amazed they didnt know how to bake. He spent the summer as a camp counselor at Boy Scout Camp-----teaching campfire cooking.....I guess it is in the genes.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Of course I have the extra room, another child has left the house for college and it is a larger bed. So you are offering to do bindings for me while I quilt. I will have you know I just took two third places in a judged competition in Wyoming. So not bad at this point. I have four quilts right now sitting there for binding, of course several to get quilted, and working on putting together all these wonderful swaps for quilts. I have finished two for Lynnie so mine are not far behind.

I am canning jams from the rhubarb and zucchini, found the recipes on this board and then tomatores that are well ready. If someone would go out and pick the corn, would freeze a few of those cobs up as well. Sure, have foot surgery and you have the garden to do as well. Praise God I have good help around the house and training up my girls to do food preservation. How do you think I learned it?