Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by tdvxh
Dear BuzzinBumble... Thank you so much for the tut and pattern. I made one and have a question. I might have missed it, but what do you do with the "V" part at the bottom. It's almost impossible to turn the edges in. I would like to make more to set my table for Thanksgiving. Thank you in advance for suggestions.
tdvxh - Oh dear that is not something I ran into problems with, although it did take a little manipulating to get it right. I just kind of rolled both top and bottom edges of the "V" inward and pressed them in place with my iron. It worked well because I put a little snip in the tip of the "V" with my scissors. I apologize, but I failed to include this information in the tutorial.

I have two other suggestions that might solve this problem for anyone who runs into it.
1) Do you have washable fabric glue, such as No Fray? You could coat each edge of the "V", top and bottom and seal them shut together, then when it dries, trim it nice and neat. That might salvage the leaf you had troubles with. (Which many of us would Love to see when you get it fixed up!) ;)
2) The second suggestion is for when you are in the trimming stage. It might help if we amend the instructions to say that it would be good, only at the v-bottom to leave a 1/4" seam allowance instead, to make it easier to roll under. And to put a little snip in the tip of the "V" with your scissors. (I will doctor a picture to show what I mean)
I'm sorry that you had difficulty and can easily see how. But I am glad you liked the leaf idea enough to want to use it for your Thanksgiving table! Hmmm... now you've got me thinking that I would like to do the same thing! :thumbup:

Correction to directions, with my apologies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256210[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256204.jpe  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-29-2018 at 02:17 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps