View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Gramyx7

Joyce888 sent me her Granddaughter's first Quilt. Joyce had posted a pic on her a few weeks ago.
Kaitlyn's only request was Peace Signs :) So being from that era, I made a template, it brought back lot's of memories, I had a hard time at first remembering what a peace sign looked like !! I put Peace signs in the squares, little peace signs in the corner stones, with loops and circles in the sashing. In the border I put some Peace flower's with loops and circles. After seeing kaitlyn's pic with her quilt, I thought I needed to add something, so I put some small and tiny Butterfly's on a few of the flower's.
We used Soft and Bight Batting, and a blue verigated thread.

Thanks for the memories Kaitlyn, and I hope you enjoy your quilt as much as I enjoyed quilting it for you :)

Thanks for looking

Front and a side view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256372[/ATTACH]

Butterfly on the flower, also showing peace sign in corner stone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256374[/ATTACH]

Peace symbols
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256375[/ATTACH]

Backing color is wrong it is the same as the border, I put the peace synbols in different directions and in the center corner stone it says Peace and I forgot to take a pic
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256377[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256366.jpe   attachment-256367.jpe   attachment-256368.jpe   attachment-256369.jpe   attachment-256370.jpe  

attachment-256371.jpe