View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 AM
QM
Power Poster

That is not a frivilous concern after the work you have put into your quilt. It is my understanding that the check in-check out procedures on fair quilt shows in California are uniform. Certainly, ours are very stringent. The show hall is closely monitored with an official who has radio connection to the fair office always on hand. Several years back, one quilt was "missing" right as we were checking quilts out. No quilt left until it was found. deputies were called in to supervise. (It had been accidently folded into a larger quilt.) The people supervising our show are quilters. We work efficiently but treat every quilt with the care we would want for our own. It is possible that other shows are casual about this, but I rather doubt it.

Wartime Jane's comment really says a lot, "It really depends on how well you take criticism. If it will wound you forever or make it difficult to continue making quilts, then I wouldn't do it. If you think you might learn something from a valid criticism, then go for it." Most judges, however, are careful of how they critique the work.