View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Daylesewblessed

The V.I.P. card can also be acquired by people who sew or quilt for charity. I enrolled my mother by simply telling them that she is a member of a group at church that makes quilts for charity. Also, I know that friends who make blankets for Project Linus can get the V.I.P. card, and there is no Linus membership card to show as proof.

It is true that the V.I.P. card does not work with sale items. I wish it worked on remnants. However, when batting by the yard is on sale for 50% off, it is great to be able to add that extra discount. Same for fleece and flannel at their Black Friday sale.

Also, many people are eligible for the 15% teacher discount card and are not teachers in traditional schools. If you teach classes in your guild or lead groups of children in 4-H, after-school projects, Sunday School, Project Linus work sessions, etc., you may qualify. It may depend on how liberal your local Joann's manager is in defining "teacher."

Joann's is a major resource for me, but jumping through the hoops on their coupon/sale/discount card policy certainly provides me with enough exercise!