View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 11:47 AM
AUQuilter

Someone asked about responding to Craigslist posted emails. I thought I would post what I sent her. Please read about email safety and your cell phone too. I am using the post about the $1.50 fabric in Lexington, KY as the example.

When replying to a CL posting by email, right click on the posted email and copy shortcut then go to your opened email ready to put it in and then right click-paste- into your recipient line (that who you are sending it to). It will show up like this
mailto:[email protected]?subject=Loads%20of%20100 %25%20Cotton%20Quilt%20Fabric%20%20-%20%242%20(Lexington)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flexington.craigslist.org%2 Fart%2F2582801322.html%0A

Then get pare it down to this:
[email protected]

One thing that I would suggest (especially if you set up your email address before we knew so much info can be gleaned from it) is get a new email just for Craigslist responses and use just your initials or a sewing nickname to set it up. And if you want them to call you- use your cell #- and set up your cell VM with just first name. That way you have made it safer to reply to Craigslist postings.