View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 02:23 PM
sassey

Imho Farmers are losing money their might have to lay off some help causing more unemployment they certainly will not be able to offer there employees any benifits. Everyone is affected from this less disposible money for farmers to spend which screws economy screws up manufacturing less equiptment is able to be purchased so that effects equiptment dealers their employees which continues to trickle on down the line Just the shipping alone comes witha whole new set of problems diesel prices are way out of line so prices must go up first is the sur charge shippers must pay to trucking companies to help cover there cost of fuel then some places charge you to back up to their door called a door fee not everyone charges this but it was averaging 100.00 bucks 6 years ago so now you pay that then get truck loaded some places where you deliver also have a dock fee or door fee than you may be forced to hire a unionized lumber or you won't get your truck unloaded sometimes you can waive that person and try to do it yourself only to find out your stuff just sets on dock so you cant leave because no one had time to inventory your load so you usually give in and pay a lumper this is not cheap depending on what and weight I have had to pay more than 300 to get truck unloaded Now imagine if you have had all these extra charges tacked on to the thread thgat was used the load of chemicals get it the picture goes on and on.Then many of you might not realize that your material has been on several diffrent trucks say it came off ship went on a truck was took to wearhouse in say Chicago to be loaded again maybe to another wearhouse say in Ohio waiting to be shipped to the store that bus the material to sell to you So take all this into consideration before you believe the price of fab will be reduced For example the plant has made the fabric it needs the cardboard bolts to put it on it could be possible that a plant with in 50 miles produces the cardboard but instead It will be shipped from half way accross country so now the fabric you are buying has had another big shipping charge that must be passed on to consumer. I have hauled ceral from Flaagstaff Az to wearhouse in Chicago are to later go to Chicago and pick up same brand of cereal from same wearhouse and take it to Los Angles It is not far from Los Angles to Flagg but fairly far from Chicago to La now tell me why did it need to go to Chicago Hope I didnt bore you but I believe it is time for people to know why prices keep going up up up