Thread: Baby kitties
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Feathers

Originally Posted by Feathers
Hi All:
I just found this thread and wanted to put in my 2 cents. THANK YOU everyone who get involved in the pathetic lives of homeless animals. These poor animals are at the mercy of every kind of people ...caring, loving, conserned folks but also the cruel and awful ones who walk amongst us, too. I have worked (AS A VOLUNTEER) for our local Catlink Animal Rescue program for the past 8 + years. We foster kitties for the shelter, nurse them back to health, socialize them and help find perfect, adoptive forever homes for them.

WHAT CAN YOU DO? If each person reading this donated only $1 a month we could double or triple our medical, spay/neuter services for homeless animals. CATLINK can be researched on the Internet. We are a division of the Rowena Wildlife Clinic (also on the web) Last month CATLINK spayed and neutered 122 homeless kitties in the Columbia River Gorge..that encompasses about 140 miles on both sides of the Columbial River...Washington and Oregon are separated by the River. There are HUNDREDS more kitties that need the S/N, shots, etc. but funds limit how many we can do at any given time.

CATLINK operates solely on the proceeds from our administrator's dog grooming business, donations from caring folks like all of you and last week end we do fundraising with garage sales, etc. If you can help with a small donation it would be appreciated. Your donation is TAX DEDUCTIBLE: Checks can be made payable to "CATLINK/ROWENA WILDLIFE CLINIC." If you can't donate, just be aware that you CAN help by finding these homeless animals and taking them to the VET yourself for spay/neuter, shots, etc. The only time we can get a handle on the cat overpopulation in our world is to spay/neuter. The only way we can add value to the life of a kitty is to make is so the demands for the animal is greater than the supply.

Be forever kind to all of God's creatures.