View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 PM
DeeDee1280

I am learning to quilt and have learned so much from you guys. I have made 2 quilts (lap size) and I am working on my third. I am doing the "Sister" block. I want to do this for my adopted sister and while I am pleased with the block (even though it has it's share of mistakes) I am overwhelmed by the number of pieces in this block. I tried to resize it and that didn't go so well either. The block is 17" LOL. I have 5 blocks made. I would like to put one in the 4 corners and one in the center. I am hoping for something simple to "fill-in" the rest. I do not want to take away from the blocks but really don't want to make more either (Is that being lazy?) Can anyone suggest a simple plain block that I can make for the alternate squares. My "quilting" abilities so far are stitching in the ditch, so I am thinking a plain block that big will not work. I would like to add, my 1st 2 quilts were 4 patch and I went with 4" squares. This block is a little advanced for my abilities but I loved the story behind the block and decided to try it. I think my sister will love it so that was my motivation to give it a try.

Sister Star Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256769[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256763.jpe