Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM
ZTAgirlknits

so I was quiltingboard stalking you and I saw this post and I have a guess as to what this is!! (I'm sure you probably already have figured it out at this point) but when I saw it I thought it was a lachrymatory, or a tear bottle. They were really popular in the Victorian era!

Tear Bottles have been a part of our world's history since before Christ's time. Historians have found their evidence in ancient Rome and Egypt. Legend has it that our ancestors have used the small glass vessels to collect their tears, as a means for mourning and respect. Today, modern Tear Bottles are given to symbolize the emotions of love, joy, sorrow and remembrance. The gift of the tear bottle is often given at times of loss and bereavement, weddings, births, graduations, anniversaries and other rites of passage. They are quickly becoming a popular heartfelt keepsake and gift item.

Maybe?? If that's not it....then what is it????

Ok I totally looked it up some more online and I found two that look almost exactly like this!! It would have had a little stopper that went in the top!