Thread: A bit excited!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
MacThayer

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by Charlee
We know a couple that owns a business that makes medical items using velcro...not sure what the items are, but they have commercial machines out the wazzoo! They have many of them here at the storage facility. Today, Bernie offered me one of the Jukis!! I'm not sure of the model, but I can be sure that the machine is going to be in working condition... :D

I'll keep you updated... :)
wow..but just so you know...those commercial Jukis are NOT like a regular DSM....they are geared to sew really fast..I mean really fast...
they have to oiled every hour of use, and are tempermental about threads!

I tried to quilt on my dads and gave up...it needs a stitch regulator but I don't want to put $300 into it...
I think that's great advice, so she'll be on the look out for such things, but things may have changed since you received your machine. Sewing machines in general have advanced a good deal in recent years. She may have a completely different experience, and I'd hate to have her going into this experience with anything but lots of positive vibes! I think this is the best news since sliced bread! Do keep us up-to-date on how the machine is working!

I have a Brother machine built for the Commercial market, and not intended for home use. It does not need to be oiled, and I haven't noticed any "fussiness" about threads, or anything else for that matter. Sometimes I have to write to Brother to get the right sewing foot I want, but they always find it in "the back warehouse" somewhere! They've been great! I love this machine! It sews through layers of denim, leather, anything! Powerful thing! And does just as well with silk-like materials.