View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Buckeye Rose

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
After requests to post progress on my bargello (should say DD's bargello) I am giving you pics of what I have done so far. The pattern name is Surf Song, but I am going to call this one Surf and Sand as the colors remind me of being on the beach with the waves and sand.
I did the Aurora Borealis in Purple and Turquoise. I am hunting for a few more Oranges & Browns for the Sunset Island. This book Twist & Turn Bargello is the ONLY book I have bought where I want to make EVERY SINGLE quilt in the book. GREAT COLORS. Can't wait to see the final quilt top. Hope you have a design wall. This is one pattern that comes in handy. GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN !! :)

oooohhh!..Very pretty fabrics. I think picking out the fabrics was the hardest part. I spent a month going from fabric store to fabric store, laying out what I already had and trying to find the perfect shade to fit in. I found the very last one in a small LQS just north of Chicago (was on a trip to see daughter). Then the reality set in that I was gonna have to start washing, ironing and cutting.

:lol: