Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 AM
laurlync

I am looking at purchasing a mid-arm quilting machine in the next few months. I have not had an opportunity to try out any machines yet as there is no LQS or LA vendors in Texarkana. I am planning to go to Shreveport soon to try out a Handi Quilter.

I have thought about going to the International Quilt Festival in Houston in November so I can try out a variety of machines in one location. However, I have read the posts here and am concerned that with so many people at the show, my opportunities to try out the machines will be almost non-existant. I am over 5 hours (one way) from Houston. While I'm sure I would enjoy the festival, if I am going with the intention of checking out the machines and do not get the opportunity to do so, I'm afraid I would be extremely frustrated.

For those who have been, have you ever gotten the opportunity to use the various machines? Or did you spend more time waiting than actually using them? Do you have any advice to offer or know of a better venue for shopping for quilting machines?