Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 AM
rfbrazell

You so funny, lucky lady.
Love them both....Pointers for their gospel style 3 part harmony and the romantic lyrical voice of "Babs" in Hello Dolly.
One really quick funny story. For my 40th Birthday Cathy took me to the Paramount Theather in Seattle and saw Hello Dolly with the last road show with Carol Channing, the original Dolly. All she had to do was to walk on stage and she got a standing ovation. but needless to say she always had 2 men on each side of her and she slurred her words so much, you could hardly understand her. But it was a once in a life time to see her in that role. I have seen the show so many times, I new all the lines and songs. We were in the first mezzanine and no one sitting in front of us when it started and about 5 minutes in 3 oriental older ladies came in and sat down. Well I guess they didn't like me lightly singing along with the show and one of them turned around and said " you going to sing for whole show?" "Den we going to move" they got up and went down to some open seats by the rail. I could'nt sotp laughing. My Mom would have been mortified, but I sure had a good time.
LOL
R
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Robert, I thought you were singing the Pointer Sisters, not the Hello Dolly theme song.