Old 09-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Sierra

Originally Posted by Karen Powell
I have never heard of a pin moore. But this sounds like a great and practical idea !
I also have never heard of "pinmoors" but googled them. Have you tried double dipping each pin when you want it to stay in place? By that I mean not just going under the fabric once, but twice with each pin. I have serious arthritis and I use the long pins (standard in the shops) with yellow balls on the end and "double dip" them when pinning for quilting, or any time I don't want to risk them coming out. It ALWAYS works! Even when I'm moving the quilt all over the place.

Sometimes less is more, and sometimes I just don't understand the problem. Forgive me if this is one of those times! This is really an informative line of discussion!!!

Also, I bought one of those huge African baskets with a handle at a street fair and it holds all the fabrics, and even some I may or may not use (but were a "close" second) of whatever quilt I'm working on . I also use it when I go to a class. I do some "art" quilting and am never sure that I'm really done with a fabric, or I might just screw up so much I have to start over with a section, or..... I love not having to panic and dig thru my stash, but have it right there until the quilt is done.

I also use clear topped pencil boxes (got a bunch at Staples on sale) and put tools in one, threads in another, pencils, erasers, glues in another, etc. I'm trying so hard to keep organized :roll: