Old 09-15-2011, 09:04 AM
shelburn

Oh, You say that cjaye44 does such nice work!! That scares me!! I am a jack of all trades and master of none! Hope my quilt will be O. K. I love to try new things. Quilt for cjaye44 was mailed on Monday. DH says I should not worry, but that is me!
Just finished two jobs that came in yesterday that was something I haven't done before--a box-type jacket that needed the sleeves brought up about three inches, and the body taken in about two. Just finished it and The melton wool jacket had a hold eaten in the collar by some critter.
I opened the lining on a wide seam, stole a piece of frabric big enough to cover the hole, and then stuffed it under the material and, wih very tiny stitches sewed the two materials together. Came out rather nicely. The jacket is crca 1900 riding habit jacket that has jodhpurs and apron with it and made in Scotland. Beautiful workmanshp. I almost feel like I am workig on holy ground when doing this.
Anyway, cjaye44, am anxiously awaiting your doll quilt's arrival, and hoping that mine meets with approval. It is "out of the box" too, so we will have to wait!!
Love this board!!