Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 AM
luvspaper

Definitely worth the trip even if you don't come home with a machine. You get to see them all and I have never had a issue with too many people that you couldn't try them.

In 2009, my visiting friend bought the HQ Sweet Sixteen sitdown model and got a show special. I was jealous. David Taylor was the one who showed her how to use it and she had a mini training session. I want to say that was on a Saturday afternoon. They did have a payment plan, etc.

But have to say that last week/weekend I lucked into a very gently used latest version of the same machine and she now resides in my craft room/office. Have a quilt loaded right now! I love her and I love the fact that there is very little to relearn since I am used to FMQ on my smaller domestic and it takes up about a 4 x 4 footprint. I didnt' get the extensions because the table is adjustable in height so I set it up the same height as the old kitchen table I use for my sewing machine....so that in itself gives me a really large 4 foot extension if I cleared it off. Which I will probably need to do if I ever get my sister's king sized quilt ready to actually quilt!