Old 09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
greykeeper

I use many of the mentioned ones\a.. but I have the pleasure of all the sewing 'STUFF' I like. {I live alone).I I was blessed with an old oak business desk that is 38" x 68" with 6 side drawers and a center drawer tat go all the way to the back (37").I can keep everything but rulers and ats in it. Two deressers are filled with fabric and all types of interfacig and suc. Big rolls of all the interfacing type, and leathers are standing in an apple barrel. Scissors and rotary are standing tall in yogurt container. I used cuticle (orage) sticks, long before the stilletto. The end is wood, so can be used on slicker fabrics, and its flat at the end, gives more grip with no way to puncture the fabric. I have office trays side by side to separate small tools. At the back of center drawer are the tube turners 1/4" rulers etc., etc. *I use hemostats to get things out when my fingers won't, and when threading my serger.* Before there was Grid-grio I took a sheet of sticky sand paper and put very small strips under my ruler for traction.* I nailed 1"x 1" s on a wall covered them in fabric and then attatched "snow" fleece sheets down to length desired and that became my working wall. No pins needed, fabric just sticks to it.