Old 09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Grama Chris

Originally Posted by qbquilts
I guess this is one of those, "if you have to ask, then it's too many" questions :-), but I think I'm totally overloading myself for my upcoming camp. It's a 5 day camp - I'll be arriving after lunchtime on day 1 and leaving before suppertime on day 5. I am making kits of everything so I should have very little cutting. I am even doing some of the simple piecing and then cutting for some of the strip piecing. So here goes:

3 charm pack projects - using the 6 charm packs my mom gave me recently (2 of each). One will finish about 36", the other two (using same pattern) will finish about 43" x 49". Plan on quilting at camp also (we can use the cutting/layout tables to baste) - will just do basic stitch-in-the-ditch and/or "X" the blocks. Batting and backing are cut to about 4" bigger and ready to sandwich.

Mystery project - camp project, directions provided at camp, using a homespun kitchen towel & 1/4 yard coordinating fabric.

I learned something NEW on faux, piped bindings, thank you :)

Scrappy Purple Pinwheels - baby quilt using purple & white scraps

Dad's Star Struck quilt - ongoing Bonnie Hunter pattern using scraps, final goal is double sized quilt for dad, but won't be finished anytime soon - just one of those "here and there" type projects.

Heads & Tails - small quilt/wallhanging from spring camp. Will have basted to do some hand quilting.

Heads & Tails 2 - based on the prior quilt - baby quilt using just 1 turtle. Goal is to be pieced.

Snowman Wallhanging - project from last fall's camp, just need to machine quilt & bind.

Green & Brown Caterpillar - Super sized Square on Point pattern from recent Quiltmaker magazine - pattern makes 2. Will use fleece for backing (so no batting) and turn fleece to front like some did here recently - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-52843-1.htm

I'll be using this faux piped binding technique to do the binding on the charm projects & the snowman wallhanging, so they should finish fairly quickly :-).

ETA: realized I forgot the link to the tutorial for the faux piped binding ... http://tlcstitches.blogspot.com/2010...-tutorial.html

So nothing too terribly big, but still a lot. Of course, as I'm packing I keep pulling out more projects!