Old 09-15-2011, 03:06 PM
virgwid

I have spent a good forty minutes online and getting frustrated. I want to find actual patterns for quilting the quilt, not a pattern to make the quilt. Can't seem to put in the right string of words to get that thru to google! What I am looking for is a wave pattern. I have a quilt that has water as sashing and I want to quilt actual waves in it if possible, not just a wavy line suggesting moving water, although that is starting to sound better the more frustrated I get! :lol: What do you all think, and where do I find even just a picture I can trace? If I need to buy a book, what book would have it in it?? Please don't ask me to free hand it. I tried that and I have no drawing skill. Lets just say they looked like a certain part of the male anatomy at half mast. Not good.

Ok, while I'm here. The quilt is sand quilt blocks with a pair of applique flip flops in each square, the water sashing around those, then I am about to put on a pink/orange batik flip flop pattern fabric around the whole thing. I know how I want the squares quilted, asking about the water, but what the heck do I do with the batik flip flops????

Thank you in advance for any help. I really appreciate it. I am beginning to think getting your first quilt done is harder than giving birth!! Lol. Virg