View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 04:28 PM
ddrobins1956

First quilt I ever made was at my gr. mother's knee. It was for my doll. I hand sewed it and knotted it with pink knitcrochine, I think it was called.
Raised by my gr. mother. Not a day went by that I didn't talk to her on phone or visit her. She lived to be 90, she was my angel. She also taught me to crochet, embroider and knit, and be the person that I am today at 51.
Second milestone quilt was the one that I made for my first child. It was a nine patch and I knotted it too. It's still in the family, and that child is 31 yrs old.
Married my husband right out of high school. We have 5 children and 9 gr. children. I had many jobs over the years, but my career was wife and mother. I'm a homemaker at heart, still am, nothing I would rather do really.
Not much leasure sewing went on while I was raising my children, but I knitted and crocheted lots of toques and scarves and sewed many hems and seams.
Now I sew to my hearts content and I'm just so very contented. Hubby is recently retired and luckily, we still really like each other.....lol. Will be spending our first winter in Florida.
There have been many ups and downs but no down and outs. I've had a wonderful life so far and am looking forward to the second half.
I love my family, my two tiny dogs, my garden, books, my tea, hot coco , fleece sheets, the color green.
Wish I could lose some weight and keep it off, its my achilles heel, other than that, no complaints.