Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 AM
May in Jersey

My Guild is pretty good about Show and Tell. Sometimes the members will begin talking between themselves about the quilt that was just shown and forget to clap but I try step and begin clapping. I know my work is not up to the high standards of others but over the years I've gotten confident and show quilts that I've worked long and hard on and also string and crumb quilts that I've put together quickly. I always try to make my quilts as carefully and attractive as possible.

Many of the gals in the guild have been quilting since childhood. I'm one of the 'older" gals in my guild but I've only been quilting for about 10 years. I like being in the guild, volunter sometimes and have been an officer once or twice. What I get most from it is having a place to talk about quilting especialy in my small group which spurs me on to be a better quilter, more accurate in my sewing and trying to be a little be more creative in my choices of fabrics, colors and patterns. Hope you all have positive guild experiences. May in Jersey