Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 AM
littlehud
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maride
I go to my guild meeting every month but never bring anything for show and tell. They only pay attention to the quilts made by certain group and the rest don't get much of anything. The members that attend classes all the time are the ones that are considered real members. We are having our show this fall and even though I have 13 quilts entered, this year I will not help with the set up for similar reasons. Last time my whole family was there helping set up and take down and when my son stopped for one second and he was asked to leave if he couldn't keep up. I know they are responsible for a lot of quilts but he was no where near them and they know he is my son. He is more careful with them then most of the makers. Also, while he was helping the guild president told him to come to a meeting to talk to the ladies about his upcoming trip to Australia and our fundraising efforts. The day of the meeting she decided that she couldn't allow him to fundraise there, because then everyone else would do it to. She took advantage of him to make him work on the show.

Sorry, I started answering you and ended with my own rant. I will step from the soap box now.

Maria
That is horrible. I'm not sure I could go back after that.