View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 AM
May in Jersey

DH said he heard that JoAnn's is going out of business. Oh Please, Say it isn't so! It's the closest thing to a quilt shop near me, about 1/2 hour drive. I need some 22 - 24" zippers, Michael's and AC Moore near by don't carry them so off I go to JoAnn's. I usually try to combine a trip there with other errands along the way, with the price of gas it's the thing to do. Nearest quilt shop is over 1 hr away and that's driving 70 miles per hr. on the parkway for most of that time and paying tolls. When I go to Lancaster in the Spring I stock up on fabrics that I need and if Jo's closes I'll also have to stock up on threads, zippers, and other sewing notions. Oh batting too, as Jo's no longer carrys Hobb's batting that I like. They do have rolls of Warm and Natural cotton and a Warm and Natural poly (can't think of the name right now). I think I'll double check my coupons before I leave and stock up on a few things while at Jo's this afternoon. DH will be with me and I'll have him use a coupon and buy something for me. Sometimes the cashiers will let you use multiple coupons when checking out and sometimes they won't.

May in Jersey