Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 AM
dunster
Power Poster

I was fortunate in finding a nice guild when I started quilting. Actually, the guild found me! I was at Jo-Ann's, telling the sales lady that I wanted to learn to quilt and asking what I should buy to get started. Two shoppers overheard the conversation and rushed over to help me. I joined their guild, even though it is in the next town over, and I join in their sewing group whenever I can. If those two ladies hadn't been so thoughtful, I doubt that I would be quilting today.

Things have not always gone smoothly with this guild, but where do things always go smoothly? Show and tell seems to be everyone's favorite part of the meetings, and I have never heard a derogatory comment. Of course there are some quilts that get more appreciation than others, but that's to be expected - some of the quilts are really outstanding, some are service quilts, some use new techniques. I've been really encouraged when I've shown mine, I've learned a lot from the others, and I always go home more enthused about quilting.