Old 09-16-2011, 01:29 PM
LyndaOH

The Joann Fabrics in my area is moving to a larger location across the street and is having a liquidation sale at the old location.

I went last week and many things were 33% off and the rest were 50% off. I went back today because it was so crazy there last week, and many things were 75% off.

I was able to stock up on basics, like needles, pins, purse hardware, marking pens, batting, etc., and scored big when I bought most of a bolt of Pellon fusible fleece. It was half off, but when you bought the bolt they upped it to 75% off. I paid less than $20 for what was $90 full price. I have enough to last me quite a while! All thread was also 75% off, so I purchased some Mettler silk that I have always wanted to try. On top of that some items were eligible for my 20% off everything coupon, although not too many. I ended up spending $90 for $240 worth of stuff. Yee ha!

For those in northwest Ohio/northeast Indiana/southeast Michigan, it's the Defiance OH Joann. There's still some quilting fabric, regular fabric, batting, notions, ribbon and a fair number of quilting books. They are also selling some of the fixtures and shelving, although most of that didn't look like it would work too well in a home studio.

The new store opens October 7, and the old store will stay open until October 6 unless they have sold everything before that.