View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 09:59 AM
grammatjr

Hello, I have been admiring all your skills, beautiful quilts and wonderful camaraderie for awhile, and felt it was time to say hello.

Also, I was hoping you might (I know you will) have a few ideas for me. :?

I am only a quilter of a couple years, and long story deleted, I am now in charge of heading up an employee quilt show at work. We have around a dozen employees entering the show, and the room is about 900 square feet on the floor, and 110 linear feet on the walls to hang.

I am trying to find creative ideas for displaying the quilts to their best advantage. Of course, many will be hung on the walls, but I wondered what other options you all could come up with. We have thought of a ladder, rocking chair, an old church pew, a steamer trunk, etc.

I also wondered about adding accessories. For example, if we have a table runner, set up as for dinner. Or, if we have a jacket maybe put it on a mannequin. If we have a small wall hanging, maybe a shelf below, with some coordinating figurines or flowers.

See what I am saying? The show is in the spring, so we have time for thinking caps.

Oh, and please pray for me. The quilt I REALLY want to enter, I haven't hardly begun, and it is very complicated! UUGGHHH!!!!!!! LOL :roll: