View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Lacey

Well, I'm kinda new to quilting. My mother taught me sometime last year and I've been working at it since.

I am asking for help because I would like to make a quilt for someone very special. He has been blind and deaf since birth. He has what is called "pin vision" in one eye. Which means he can see about as much as the size of a pin out of one eye.

He lives in a home that my mom works at. Mom heart just aches when she sees him because although he has taught himself a wealth of things throughout his life, he still seems like a lost soul sometimes. For instance, he sometimes lays on the floor curled in a ball because he likes the feel of the sunlight coming in through the window... He mostly communicates by touch. For example. They have a little wall hanging with pockets in his room and if it's supper time and my mom puts a spoon in the pocket and directs him to the wall hanging and he feels the spoon and heads for the kitchen. If they put a piece of coral in the pocket, he knows he's going to get to swim that day and his face just lights up.

Anyway, I would like to make a quilt for him. I was thinking maybe something with alot of different textures so that he could feel each one individually. I'm asking for any help or input that anyone could give. Whether it's design, fabric suggestions or anything else that you can think of that might help. THANKS!!!