Old 09-16-2011, 03:01 PM
qbquilts

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
I always shop in a store, either lqs, walmart, etc. When I do the shop hop, you have access to a gazillion online sites to buy fabric. I have only ordered fabric twice on line. Only because I was looking for something specific and wasn't in a local store.

My question is, how can you choose the fabric/store? Most of the stores have generally the same lines of fabric (example: Moda) Do you usually just find a favorite store and stick to that? I start looking at the fabric and there are sooo many choices. All I can think is that thank goodness I don't have the room or unlimited budget :lol:

What are your thoughts??
I very rarely buy fabric online. When I know I'm headed to Fabric Shack, I will submit an order with "pick up on store on XX date" in the instructions. They'll hold it in the store for you :-). Otherwise, I only buy online if I win a gift certificate someplace or I'm looking for a certain fabric. I use the multi-store search that Fabric Shack belongs to and choose the store with the best price, provided of course that the shipping is reasonable. I hate buying fabric unseen and don't trust the colors on my monitor to be exactly true to life.