View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 03:07 PM
TonnieLoree

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Originally Posted by clem55
You go girl! They look great and so very natural. Plate or screw in? How the heck did you lose the other?
Hi, Carol. My "fangs" are mine and I've worn a partial upper for about 10 yrs or more. There is a metal connector on each fang.

Who know how I lost them! Believe it was my love of popcorn. "Reclining" in the evening and munching. Gets stuck between the teeth and because I live alone and the dog doesn't care, I sometimes remove the teeth and use a toothpick to clean them. Then I lay them down on a paper towel to take to the master bathroom at bed time later. 'course I throw out the popcorn bag, etc. before I retire so I can only think I grabbed the towel with teeth and tossed it. Went to put the garbage out for collection first thing in the am....well, you get it! By the time I was ready to groom myself for the day, the garbage had been picked up!
I looked for them for days; every pocket, under every stick of furniture, the fridge, the kitchen drawers, the dog bed, the car ? (hey, I was desperate).

Also I am a Medicaid client and guess who stopped covering dental this year?? So I might have had to go without! Fortunately I found a company that gives interest free loans for such medical, dental and even veterinarian issues.

These are "loaners" for the weekend and will go back for more work on Monday.

So the denture is a new one, but wearing one is not!
I did the same as you, except didn't dump the garbage. During the middle of the night my dog decided to use them as a chew bone. I found the uppers outside with one corner broken off, and the lowers were on the floor, unharmed. Trying to sand that broken part smooth was murder. I finally got me second set and they fit like a dream.