View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 07:08 PM
babyfireo4

Alright, girls and guys, I am in need of some serious innovation and information! I found a panel I absolutely love for the backing of my dads quilt. As i was headed to check-out I noticed it was fleece and went back, they do not have it in cotton. I got the fleece. it's 4' x 5'. I would like it a bit bigger but just don't think it would look right if I tried to put a boarder on it to make it bigger. I do have an idea for the quilt top, *Thanks to the helps of some of you in a previous post :D *

Now that you have a quick back story here are the questions I can think of to ask!

How does fleece work as a backing?
Would you even be able to put a boarder on it? if so could I do cotton or do I need to get more fleece so it matches?
How does it do with quilting?
Am I completely insane for going for this without doing this first!?!?!? :shock:

Insert any questions you can think of here
You are all so much more informed than me lol
If all else fails we can learn together :thumbup:

It's not very good but the rough draft of how I want to do the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258027[/ATTACH]

what the odd diamond things actually look like lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258028[/ATTACH]

The fleece I want to use for backing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258029[/ATTACH]

the panel that goes in the un-colored part of the drawing (yes that odd beaked thing with a star for a body is my version of an eagle lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258031[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-257974.jpe   attachment-257975.jpe   attachment-257976.jpe   attachment-257978.jpe