View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Gramie bj

Today DH and I went yard saleing and found a Montgomery ward Sewing machine it is a model-E no numbers.
On the machine itself there is a plack with M W on it on the motor it says:
Montgomery Ward & Co. USA
Model-E
15 V 60W AC or DC

On the inside of the cabnet is a small metal plate, attached with small nailes, that says Montgomery Ward & Co.

No attachments, no owners manuel, and no foot peddle. All electrical cords are there but the cord that attaches to the foot peddle is a 3 prong female end all three prongs need to be round on the foot peddle I have never seen a cord with all 3 round prongs. It is a very light weight machine, all metal and has a shuttle instead of a bobbin. I will post a picture when I get my camera back (it is on its way to get fixed) I have spent a couple of hrs on the internet and the phone with Wards, and several vintage sewing machine sites Have not found information about this machine would greatly aprechate any help you ladies and gentalmen can give me. I did buy it for $5.00 hope that wasn't to much! LOL If I never get it to run it is still a great little machine to look at. I'm happy to give it a good cleanning and a new home.