View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 11:59 PM
CoolJulUtah

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on October 10, 2011!!! Obviously, I am running out of time to make anything fancy (and I'm a beginner quilter) so I've come to you - my new quilting friends - to help me decide what type of quilt to make! My husband (and very best friend!) works in the oil fields in the north-eastern part of Utah. He is gone from home for two weeks working very hard and lots of long hours, and then comes home for a week to see me! :o) In the winter it can get to -35 degrees below zero so I wanted to make him something really warm and "manly" to wrap up in when he comes in from working out in the cold. I wish the colors in the pictures would have turned out better, but the fabric is the softest flannel I think I've ever felt and is red, brown, gold, blue and green plaids. This kit I bought was to make a Turning Twenty quilt, therefore, there are 20 fat quarters and two extra pieces for the border and binding. I'm not crazy about making a Turning Twenty quilt because I think it would look funny with so many different plaids going all different directions and would look too busy. Or maybe it wouldn't??? I almost feel like it should be something that has sashing in between blocks (I can get any color for the sashing) so it will be broken up a bit. What do you think??? I want this quilt to be awesome since it's our 25th anniversary and he works so hard for our family!!! Thanks for your help!!! :o)

20 Fat Quarters + Border and Binding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258060[/ATTACH]

Close up of a few Fat Quarters
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258061[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258007.jpe   attachment-258008.jpe