Thread: Mailbox joy!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
ai731

Ok, technically this wasn't in my mailbox, because I live on a Rural Route, and anything bigger than a few FQs or a CD doesn't get delivered, I have to go pick it up at the post office, BUT...

Here is what was in the big box of fabric that I picked up at the post office yesterday. I don't often have the money to buy fabric, so this was a *BIG* treat for me.

The batiks are for ME. I got paid $50 for writing an article for an anthology, and allowed myself to spend the whole $50 on fabric just for me, with no project in mind, just because it was pretty and I liked it. Since I ordered it, however, I have found the project that they might be for. How do you think they would look in an Australian Mariner's Compass block?

The four very bright prints are for a wedding present throw-sized quilt for friends of mine who are getting married in November. The blue, red/orange, and orange/brown are going to be a rail fence quilt, and the multicoloured little blocks are for the backing. I'm going to try to cut and piece the top for that quilt ASAP, because if I have any of the blue left over, I will use it for the Blue & Yellow Block Swap.

Of the three more muted fabrics, only the green came in yesterday's box - it was the final fabric I bought for a lap quilt I want to make for my husband's grandmother for Christmas - the other two came from the remainder rack at the fabric shop.

So now I have enough fabric to keep me busy until Christmas :)

Jan
Attached Thumbnails attachment-19120.jpe   attachment-19130.jpe   attachment-19131.jpe